We have had a number of enquiries regarding testing for Coronavirus.
As a Practice we are unable to test for Coronavirus and we are unable to schedule you for a test.
As per the Government guidance, you should follow the advice given on the page https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-getting-tested
They also ask that you only ask for a test if you have symptoms. If you can’t read the link, here is the basic information.
You can get a throat and nose swab test for whether you currently have coronavirus. This is part of the 5-pillar strategy for coronavirus testing. Testing is most effective within 3 days of symptoms developing.
Who can be tested
Our priority is testing patients to inform their clinical diagnosis.
You can apply to get a test if you’re in one of the following groups:
- all essential workers including NHS and social care workers with symptoms (see the full list of essential workers)
- people over 65 with symptoms
- people with symptoms going to work who cannot work from home (for example, construction workers, shop workers, emergency plumbers and delivery drivers)
- anyone who has symptoms of coronavirus and lives with any of those identified above
Additionally, we are testing:
- social care workers and residents in care homes, with or without symptoms, both to investigate outbreaks and, following successful pilots, as part of a rolling programme to test all care homes (see the guidance for care home residents and workers in England)
- NHS workers and patients without symptoms, in line with NHS England guidance
This means anyone in one of these groups can find out whether they have the virus. Testing is most effective within 3 days of symptoms developing.
How to arrange a test
The self-referral and employer referral test booking routes are available for England, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
You can select a regional test site drive-through appointment or home test kit.
Home test kit availability will initially be limited but more will become available.
Visit the site by clicking here.
From the team at Mickleover Medical Centre.